Monday, August 17, 2009

EPL,Team of the week


I've noticed no-one on B/R does a team of the week, so being the humble man that I am, I decided only I was great and intelligent enough be able to fill this gaping void, apparently using the same technology as Garth Crooks does on the BBC.
It's a co-incidence, I swear.
Anyway, the opening weekend was one for the strikers, with no game ending in a draw for the first time in 29 years and 24 goals scored across 10 games. With Arsenal contributing a quarter of those in their 6-1 routing of Everton at Goodison Park.

Goalkeeper: Shay Given (Man City)
Manchester City was a team with absolute confidence on the ball when going forward on Saturday. They were quick, technical and always had purpose in their play.
It's a pity their defence seemed to miss that particular team talk. Shay Given earns a nomination for keeping Blackburn goalless.

No comments:

Post a Comment